Higham Ferrers Heritage Trail - Other - Page 12
The Chantry Chapel
he Chantry Chapel. This graceful 15th century
building, in the ‘Perpendicular Gothic’ style, is very
reminiscent of King’s College in Cambridge and is believed
to have been commissioned by Henry Chichele. The
building served as a school until 1906 and then as a chapel.
Note the wooden porch dated 1636, with 17th and 18th
century schoolboy carvings.