Higham Ferrers Heritage Trail - Other - Page 32
he Almshouses were built in 1885 by Mr George
Newman to house six widows or spinsters of the parish.
The house next door (number 52) was once one of the
eleven public houses which formerly stood in Higham
Ferrers. The house was called the White Hart, beer
was brewed twice yearly in the brew house at the rear.
A licence dating back to 1764 is still preserved by the